Dark Side of the Moon
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

I’m not sure if Anna will be able to participate or if she’s back yet, but we can PM her if a few days pass without a reply :] I'm sorry that it took me so long to get to this; I forgot to add it to my post log!! wc: 374

The plans for her pit-fall traps around the borders were going smoothly. The ground was pretty hard, but now that they had extended their borders out they weren’t digging in land that was completely covered in snow. Naniko had been working on a few holes in her spare time, digging a bit whenever she got a few hours away from Scorpius or the borders. She hadn’t been too sure about how the idea would work at first, but was liking it now that she had gotten it started. These holes could be very useful indeed if an unknown wolf or coyote came over their borders. They might break a leg or a neck, but if they were intruding then they ran that risk.

She was working away at the partially frozen earth with her pickaxe when she heard the howl, and her ears immediately perked in that direction. Someone at the borders? She wasn’t far from where the sound had originated. Naniko used her pickaxe to climb up out of the hole and was still brushing dirt off of her coat as she headed toward the sound. She was diligent about her borders, at least, and tried to greet every joiner or wolf at the borders that she could. She had to be, with her newly established pack. It was her baby; she wanted to be sure that nothing happened to it in these first few precious months of life.

A pair of wolves rested just beyond the border’s edge, and she eyed them warily. She was by herself, though she was in her optime form. The female wasn’t particularly scary looking, but her height often intimidated others. She had a weapons belt on that held a few daggers, two of them poison-tipped and one more ceremonial in look. The leader approached them slowly, calling out as she closed the distance. ”Who are you? Do you have business here?” She was glad that they had howled, at least; it showed a sign of good faith that they hadn’t just walked right in. She took trespassing very seriously. Her jade eyes rested on the pair as she waited for an answer from either of them, arms crossed, one hand on the hilt of a dagger.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread