Under/Over
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... ized-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Whatever happened, whether she and Iskata became close again...she was glad to have seen her again. It was a blast from the past, really, a face she hadn't seen in such a long time. So much had happened since then and now that she wasn't sure what all she could talk about. When she had heard that Iskata was back, months ago, she had toyed with the idea of going over to see her...but had chickened out in the end.

Now she was okay with it, though. She felt more at peace."I should have kept more in contact...but when I heard that you'd come back I was afraid" She said quietly. Iskata wasn't the only one who needed to be forgiven; Naniko hadn't made much of an effort to reconnect, either. "Davinci was never a bad kid. Even when he misbehaved...it was like there was something deeper. I never really understood him--I'm glad that he found her. But Firefly didn't want to come back?" Her question was answered a moment later, and she nodded. "Sometimes you just have to let them go. Like with my parents--I still love them, but I've let them go. I'm glad I didn't let you go."

She hadn't seen the kids since before the fire...since her last visit to Storm, weeks ago. "I helped Phoenix when he had pneumonia, but he was sick again last thing I heard. He got better? And...he left? He was really connected with the kids, I thought." Naniko swallowed back a lump in her throat when Iskata mentioned Kansas. "I miss him. Kansas. He was..a best friend and a little brother to me. I don't know where he is, either...and I've looked everywhere"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread