Memories better left alone
[html]

wc 623

Noah didn't seem to be buying what she had told him. This was a disappointing fact because it had been the truth. She frowned over at the silver male and she let a small whimper escape from her chest. What did he want her to say? Was she supposed to make up a story of how this was someone else' fault to satisfy him? She couldn't do that, she couldn't lie. Especially not to him. Tala thought of him so highly, so much respect for her silver brother that she couldn't even imagine lying to him or hurting him in any sort of way. It would crush her. He was showing concern for her, anger that she was hurt. This melted her heart within her chest to the point where she just wanted to hug him, nuzzle him until her face was raw. The last time someone had shown concern for her like this, it had been her mother and she was barely an adult. Her eyes softened and she let her head rest against his shoulder, nuzzling him softly with a faint smile. Even though they were not blood, he was her brother.

He stood there in a stance that showed he was not messing around. The man was legitimately angry about this.Her ears flattened in a submissive state. Though she was a higher rank, the man was certainly angry. He huffed out air like it was steam. Her words seemed to calm him and as he layed down to let his face rest against hers his words broke her heart. No, she'd never lie to him. "Noah I swear to you I'm not lying. I did fall, nobody hurt me." she looked at him and her ears relaxed, she let out a long exhale. He wanted the whole truth then. The way he stood up to sniff at her leg it was like he was trying to pick up every little scent, every molecule that would give him an idea of what was going on. She'd tell him, but there was not much else to tell.

"What happened was this, Noah. I met a young boy from Dahlia de Mai at the borders, a young boy not even a year yet named Gideon. He was looking for a woman who does not love here. He was very kind and I'm sure you would have liked him. He offered to show me how to fish and I agreed. We were heading towards the lakes when he showed me some hidden brambles. He saved me from falling into those but I ended up slipping on black ice and falling into some anyway. He helped me get out and wrapped my leg for me. He helped me Noah, he did not hurt me. That's the truth." That was it, that was what had happened. The dappled Djose woman sat up at that point to look at him. The way he kept snapping at her caused her to flatten her ears and give him a look that spoke 'drop the tone' in the most polite way she could make it come across.

Tala leaned over to rub her head into his shoulder and neck, her slender muzzle getting lost in his silver mane as she quickly licked his cheek with a smile on her face. "Thank you, Noah, for caring. It means a lot to me. I will never lie to you Noah, ever. I promise on my life and on my parents memories. I will never lie to you." Her head rest on his shoulder in a soft embrace. The alley girl was trying to calm him, assure him that everything was alright. If she had a tail it would surely be wagging.

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#262626; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable2 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E4E4E4; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wc61.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 232px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636363; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread