But she's cold inside
There were tears in her eyes when the two of them seemed to crash together. She was laughing and crying at the same time and she didn't even care. She pressed her muzzle into the damp fur of her daughter and just laughed through the tears, trying to catch her breath to even try and explain everything.. or even to just get one word in. Baby, baby.. she whispered through her laughter and tears as she shook her head and felt her entire body tremble from the excitement of it all.

Her tail was beating a thousand miles a minute as she spoke up. Praising her daughter and trying to sooth her just the same. You're so big now.. You really didn't think I'd abandoned you did you? I'd have never left if I hadn't meant to come back! Ember knew exactly why her mother had left, but here she was in these new lands empty handed, no Firefly, no DaVinci.. no nothing. Then again though, she hadn't expected Phoenix to tell their children that she was going to try and bring DaVinci home too.. She knew how her mate had felt about her firstborn son. None of it mattered now though, not that it ever did to her. She had one of her babies back.

Messages In This Thread