A grand adventure is about to begin.
[html]

ooc I love this thread. wc 869

She cried until her eyes ran dry, unable to say more until she worked through this bout of sadness. It was eerie how deeply this moment resembled the one that delivered them to this predicament in the first place, though now the roles were changed. The subject was comparatively different, though, and now was their shared burden. Orin took solace in Shawchert's comfort, appreciating the gentle hand rubbing her back and his presence there, and a part of her knew he would give her more but was afraid of crossing a line again. Things were different now, though. Orin knew about Sky's feelings towards Shawchert, not to mention what she and Shawchert had shared. After it all, they had come out in the end as friends. The lessons were engrained in everyone's psyche now, and there was no chance of misinterpretation. When Shawchert leaned over her she shifted, opening her arms and wrapping them around his broad shoulders. She needed the comfort and thought he might need it too, but this time it would not go too far. Her actions were innocent, the embrace was an exchange of friendship.

It felt like he fed her a power as her arms closed around the alpha. It was that inexplicable pack bond that was ever present, it was nature's magic that so closely interlocked pack wolves. They were like nature's empaths. The connection might be purely emotional but many gained a primal strength from it. Orin gained that strength now. The closeness of her alpha, her friend, and her pup's father was enough to bandage her troubled spirit. She held on for a few minutes, never making any gestures that even remotely ghosted the last time she was here.

When she let go and let her head rest on the bed again, she felt better. She looked better. The weight of her secret had lifted and she now had someone to help shoulder her burden. More importantly, she had someone to help her undo the damage that had been done to her body in her ignorance, and perhaps save the lives of her unborn children. Their unborn children.

“I feel like I could eat a moose,” she said finally, the tremors of sadness nearly memory specters by now. “But broth sounds like a good start. All I've had the last few days was some of that old bread I got from Bangle. I haven't even shared in the pack stores. I've been having trouble keeping food down so I didn't want to eat up the supply and waste it. I hope broth is gentle enough on my stomach.”

She sat up when Shawchert moved away from the bedside and searched for a bowl. Surprisingly enough the short rest had done wonders and she was able to let the cloak fall to her lap, no longer needing it so tightly wrapped around her for warmth. This, plus the fire in the hearth was enough to keep her warm.

Orin wondered about the little singer as she watched Shawchert scoop the broth. What had happened with her? The last time she had seen the Katruk woman was when Shawchert punished them for the fight. Since then she kept herself secluded from pack business and had not heard an update on anything during those weeks. She cocked her head.

“How is Sky?” What she was really asking was everything other than that. What had happened between Sky and Shawchert? Was she still furious with Orin? Was any tentative bandage on the womens' relationship only a facade? Her intent was sincere, though, and she honestly wanted to know what had come of things. He was back now and she accepted the bowl with dainty hands, and for a moment simply sat and enjoyed the warmth of the soup in her hands. Yet upon an insistent growl from her stomach she brought the bowl to her lips and sipped from the side, gulping down half of the tasty broth. Had she not been so hungry the heat might have bothered her.

She thought about what it would mean to have Sky come here and care for her while she was ill. It was probably the best idea for Sky understood the body better than she did. Of course, there was the fact that Sky had attacked her, and that was pretty much impossible to ignore. Still, it was the realization that Orin might be pregnant that ended the fight that afternoon. Despite herself, Orin felt that she and her pups would be safe in Sky's care.

“If people didn't already know I wouldn't tell them they're yours,” she offered. It was charity, she thought it would make his life easier. Yet the story was sure to have circulated through the pack by now. She took the spoon in her hand and stirred the soup, watching the meat swirl in the liquid. “If you want, I could make something up.” She took a bite of the meat and then met his gaze, a half amused grin pretending on her muzzle. “Not that I'm going to let you off the hook as daddy or anything. But no one else has to know.”

<style type="text/css">
.Orintrade b {font-weight:bold; color:#fda18c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Orintrade-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b5a4a; text-align:center;}
.Orintrade p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.Orintrade {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#fbfdd6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ntable.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fbfced; padding: 0px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b5a4a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Orintrade-border1 {width:339px; border:1px solid #6b5a4a; margin:0 auto;}
.Orintrade-line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px solid #fbeec2; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread