At the Violet Hour
[html]<style type="text/css">
.skyecollins b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e30; letter-spacing:1px; }
.skyecollinsooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #8D5122;}
.skyecollins p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.skyecollins {width:400px;border:1px solid #1f150d;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... w/skye.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:235px;background-color:#4e3521;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#1f150d;}
</style>

wc: 419

The flowers smelled sweet, like honey. She breathed in the scent of the flowers deep, but grew slightly light-headed from the delectable scent. Standing up, she shook petals out of her hair and turned back to the wolf-dog girl, who was now asking if there were really books on flowers.

"Oh, yes!" she exclaimed. She was glad that the girl had brought up books - books were Skye's favorite thing to speak about, as they held immeasurable and massive amounts of knowledge in their relatively small sizes. "There are books on flowers, and on horses, and on wolves, too!" She had been to the Halifax library and stumbled upon a book on wolves - their eating habits, their tendency to live in packs or clans, their hierarchy. Most of it was very accurate, but Skye imagined that, having turned into Luperci and leaving generations to fill in the gaps of intelligence that they could more than fill, they had grown smarter than the book described them as being.

She wondered if this girl could read - if not, she could teach her, but only if she showed an interest in it. Skye was happy to teach any and all to read, but if they didn't want to, she had no business forcing them to. Being in Cercatori d'Arte had opened her eyes to the different types of art that were out there - crafting and singing and painting and dancing. So many different styles of doing them - immeasurable possibilities, all packed into a single place, a single family. Tearing her mind away from her pack, she took out from her backpack the handmade notebook that Bangle had given her. With it, tucked in the binding, was an old and stubby pencil Skye had created by finding a soft rock and encasing the lower half, the half Skye would hold, in a rolled-up leaf so that she didn't get her hands smudged by the rock.

She flipped open a page of the book and sketched the flower very lightly, adding underneath it "Mysterious Flower". She looked up to Bindu. "My friend, Bangle, gave me this book. He made it himself," she said, proud of her friend. "I like to write in it sometimes; it's very useful for when things like this come along, so I can remember things!" Not that Skye would be able to forget the flower fields if she tried, but she liked to write things down just so she could remember each detail.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread