Foreigner [AW]
Docile? Well, if that wasn't a comforting thought. The pack as a whole might be docile, but that was better to shield its more aggressive members. Rewdeynetya would commit the comment to mind, but there was no proof for her to convince herself it was true. If she ever saw a packlander for herself, only then could she say the black one's words were true.

Quote:“I stopped you only because I have not seen anyone like you. You have a beautiful coat color, and a body that is unfamiliar to me.”

A beautiful coat? An unfamiliar body? He teased her with his words. Her barely-visible eyebrows rose, and the jackal-wolf gave him an incredulous, if not bored, look. "Correct. My body type would not be familiar to a northern canid. I am from somewhere very far from here; only a literate wolf might know its name. You are about as foreign to me as I am to you."

That was only partially the truth. She had seen northern wolves before — her father was one of them — but never those of the New World. European wolves were more solidly, heavily built, and with skulls shorter and stouter than their cousins'. Rewdeynetya had that square build in her own muzzle, tapered off by the graceful jaws of her pale-pelted mother. Pointed, wide ears flicked lazily, her tail drooping slightly. It kept itself that way, through self-control and practise, as she noticed the male's hand was on a knife-sheath.

Messages In This Thread