[M] So Cold
[html]3+

"Have interest in learning someday?" It was a good question, one she pondered frequently while doodling in the partially-ruined pages of her journal. Did she want to be able to read? Would it benefit her? It probably would, but she didn't think it was too awfully important. "Not really, no. I function fine without it," she murmured, resting her back against the headboard of the bed to stretch out her legs. Her crimson eyes fell onto him, wondering how he learned to write; his walls were littered with letters, so she knew he could at least do that. Had his parents taught him? Did he even have parents? Though curious, she let it settle in the back of her mind.

He grinned, legs crossing before he took part in narcotic pleasures once again. Talitha gave a subtle shake of her head, turning her eyes to the door in silence. It was growing early, the sun rising over the lands that surrounded them. She should have attempted sleep once more, but didn't regret her lack of it. It had kept the beasts at bay, the Shadows from waltzing into her head. For the most part. And any night without the ghosts from her troubled past were good nights.

Cotl seemed tired to the watchful eyes of the de le Poer, laying himself down atop the mattress they were sitting on. She watched, staying quiet until he asked a question. Would she be there when he woke up? Her eyes turned away, staring to the walls, to the skull and the pelt. "I don't make those promises, Cotl. I might get the urge to leave, but I might not," she whispered, not turning her gaze back to him as she stretched her legs. She was sure she could find business to attend to, somewhere, within Inferni. Perhaps she could even go outside of the borders in search of something. But she knew she would eventually leave the room; whether Cotl was awake or asleep when she did it was irrelevant and, in fairness to her, impossible to determine.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread