Foreigner [AW]
Quote:OoC: WotD 1 Pt. Attempt: "Thimblerig"

What came next wasn't a surprising comment to her to hear.

Quote:“So,” He said shrugging and taking his hand from his dagger. He had noticed her eyes dart to it. “Will you give your name to this illiterate wolf?” He smiled. “Or would you like me to refer to you as…good looking foreigner?”

"Clever," she said, with a hint of a smile that showed she was unimpressed. "You should know I meant nothing offensive when I meant to say that only literate wolves know of my country. It is a very far, very southern land that beasts have nearly died trying to reach. My presence on this shore is because of sheer, dumb luck.

"As for my name...."

She thought for a minute, that thought evident on her face. Her amber eyes flickered upwards as she bit her lower lip.

"You would forget it. It is not something special to share. If 'good-looking foreigner' is your name for me, then by all means, call me by my looks. Short of trying to thimblerig it out of me, I don't introduce myself very often. The company of others is often not in my general direction."

She turned, and began to walk again. Her postured showed relaxation, as, despite the wolf's armaments, she saw him as no threat. He only looked interested in something he was unused to; very well, then.

"You may follow me, if you wish, and we may converse. Do not expect much, as I talk very little. Silence is my habit."

Messages In This Thread