Tangerine trees & Marmalade skies
[html]

Oh, pshaw. Your posts are awesome even when they enter the Derplight Zone. <3 WC. 393

The cold was chased away by more than just the liquor she was consuming like candies. She hadn't realized just how warm the aging man was, or how firm his body felt, or how nice he smelled in the midday winter air. But she realized then. Her crimson eyes studied his chest, and his hands, and turned to his face with subtle curiosity. It didn't cross her mind that he only seemed so desirable due to the inebriation.

“Well, lovely,” he started, lifting his hand as if to request the bottle from her. She hefted it once, realizing it was running out; did she have more in her room? She couldn't be sure. Reluctant to let go of the last drops, she handed the near-empty decanter to her companion of the moment, ears perking forward as he spoke. She appeared interested, even if the old man believed he wasn't worth listening to.

"I think I won't be bored," she crooned, her fingers dancing over the muscles in Kesho's arm. It was a fragile gesture, meant to be enticing, trying to pull the information she wanted from him. "And I want to know everything. When did you first come here, to Inferni? Before I was born, I'm sure." While she spoke, her eyes turned down to watch her slender fingers as they combed through his fur. In truth, she wondered what Kesho did during the Dahlian war. Was he there when Haku destroyed her family? Did Kesho serve Inferni while her mother fled with her children? Was he there when she was lost to the shores of Dahlia de Mai?

Her mood darkened, a shadow falling over her features in a way that gave her the same expression that her father often wore. While she was proud to be his only daughter, his princess, she hated that they looked so similar. It had left her vulnerable to enemies, so clear that she was progeny of Gabriel de le Poer. Unlike Ezekiel, she had been too bullheaded to stay away.

Almost as quickly as the shadow fell, it lifted and a smile returned to the cream-furred muzzle of the coy-mutt princess. The day was too early to think of unpleasant things. She wasn't nearly drunk enough, and by the time she was, she hoped to be doing something else to distract her mind.

table by silver; image by marilynjane@flickr

<style>
.talithaop .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.talithaop p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.talithaop b {color:#3d3d3d; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.talithaop {background-color:#C3C8D3; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/27zazra.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.talithaop-border {width:404px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.talithaop .inner {margin:10px 10px 250px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread