I'm not about to give thanks or apologize.
[html]
Hehe. It happens! Laziness is an acceptable thing in this case. Bit of a rambly first paragraph on my part. -.- Sorry 'bout that.

She wasn't sure she wanted to know the adventures Ezekiel had underwent if it involved the rescue of 'strays', as her father had so comfortably used. She would have never considered such an idea, bringing home strangers who didn't belong. If they couldn't make it to the borders on their own, they shouldn't be there. If they weren't kin, they didn't deserve that kindness. The de le Poer princess had no qualms in being cruel to outsiders.

Talitha watched his smile form, listening and wondering and watching again. Gabriel smiled in turn, and it seemed to the woman that she was the only one not in the mood for such displays of excitement, even though she should have been. The final exchange of words meant that Ezekiel was there to stay, just like she'd wanted. But no smile came.

Her crimson eyes watched her behemoth of a father as he loped off to his duties again. "Do you want me to help you settle in again, Zekie?" she asked, unwilling to look toward him, fearful that he may have disappeared when she looked away. He hadn't, she realized with a flicker of joy as she turned her face toward him. His presence was quite real.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread