I'm not about to give thanks or apologize.
[html]
3+

He seemed to know far more than she had ever learned, or ever had been taught by their parents or the beings she had come into contact with. Even when it came to clearing out his old den, his movements appeared more purposeful. Unlike his sister, Ezekiel could take care of himself. Talitha had become dependent. She relied on others to take care of her, unable to read or write or cook food. She couldn't sew. She couldn't hunt, not with any sort of skill. She had returned to the capabilities of a child, seeking out help when comfortable with the adults around her. More often than not, she simply went without. Without furniture, or without food. Her pride locked her away from gifts; the Lykoi woman would starve before she would admit she was useless.

She knew that he noticed, especially as he spoke. "And you look like you could stand to gain some weight." The comment hit a tender nerve, causing the russet woman to wrap an arm about her underweight form. Though she could be told, time and time again, that she was a beauty, her confidence was low and she would never see it. Touching on something that could have been considered ugly pushed the idea further into her mind, though she knew her handsome brother didn't mean harm by the words. She tried to offer a smile, to show she was unaffected and agreed. Yes, she could stand to gain some weight. She could stand to gain a lot of things.

The offer presented wasn't something that could be refused. She couldn't open her mouth to say "no" or tell him that she could get her own food. It was a command. He would catch her something, and she'd eat it and there would be no argument. Her smile drifted away like the grass he tossed into the wind, crimson eyes watching his movements. Her own were slow as she brought herself to his side, leaning toward his shoulder in the hopes to stop him for a moment, if only to press her nose into the fur at his neck. "Can I go with you? I don't hunt."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread