A familiar face, a familiar place
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position:bottom center;">
Politics and compromise, the newest alp ha had minimal experience with such dealings and that was perhaps what he dreaded most about his new job. It was only inevitable when some inter-pack incident would demand his skills as a politician and negotiator. Life had been so much simpler as a mere sub ordinate: hunt, protect, etc. Black and white was beautiful. He’d gotten his first taste of politics when Skoll had inadvertently caused that incident just trying to save a young girl’s life. Really, the Land of Wuffluvers was more trouble than it was worth, and if Phoenix didn’t know that there was at least one decent creature in that clan, he wouldn’t be adverse to the idea of them being driven off.

Just for harboring the creature that had raped and murdered the innocent daughter of his mate, Phoenix didn’t understand why the other pack tolerated them at times. That wasn’t to say that Phoenix supported genocide… attacking an entire clan was not something to be taken lightly, but neither was the havoc they had caused over the years. The best Phoenix could hope for was to be left alone by them, and in return he would give them the space they were so willing to kill for without remorse.

Fortunately Skoll seemed to have mellowed somewhat, and didn’t desire any further conflict with the clan. Phoenix couldn’t detect any malice within the other dog, and he did try to look without completely entering the other dog’s mind. Since honing his psychic prowess inside Iskata’s mind, he had better control of himself but he still had his limitations. And he preferred it that way. Even so, he was oblivious to what might be bothering Wannabe Pirate. He would have to talk with her next time he saw her, make sure she was all right. “I appreciate your help, old friend, but it may already be too late for my Firefly. She was taken by her older brother, Iskata’s child from… before ‘us.’

“Back t’the business of you rejoinin’ though… I’d hafta start you back at th’bottom of the ranks, though I doubt that would stop you from doin’ your job. An I mean it about the Land of Wuffluvers. I doubt they forgave you for what happened, no matter who started it. I don’t think you’ll start any trouble, but if you go down there I can’t protect you. As it is I dunno what I’ll do if they come here lookin’ for trouble all at once.”
Yes, he knew he was taking a risk, but Skoll was his friend and pack-mate. After all he’d done for the Place of Lightning and Thunder he’d been rewarded with an unfair (in Phoenix’s perspective) exile. He deserved better, and Phoenix was happy to be able to make up for the sins of the past.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread