[AW] Shattered Silence
[html]

OOC: For the third time, I'm sorry to keep you waiting. Maybe it's about time that Sorin got a scar, too....

Slade hadn't quite anticipated the dagger at his neck; the thought had crossed his mind, but somehow he had managed to convince himself that it wouldn't actually happen. He paid for his ignorance now, as the blade was so close to his throat he had to force himself to stand still; if he moved, who was to say that Jaden wouldn't strike and kill him on the spot?

Slade was unsure how to take the 'complete sniveling coward' comment, but he told himself that he should take it as a slight compliment until Jaden continued. Was he suggesting that Slade was stupid? If there was one thing Slade wasn't fond of, it was being called naïve, and that was exactly what was going on here. He resisted the urge to retort quickly; right now, he had to prove himself smarter than Jaden seemed to be counting on if he wanted to get out of this situation safely.

"If I'm lying, you're holding a twig to my neck," Slade muttered eventually. This was one of those times when he would be more than happy to claw another canine's eyes out if given the chance, and it took a lot of his willpower not to come up with a more witty retort that would likely send Jaden into hysterics. No, he would just try his best to stay calm and shove down the fear beginning to rise....

<style type="text/css">
.sladefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bacdd6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000f3d; }
.sladefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000f3d; text-align:center;}
.sladefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sladefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#527d96; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... slade1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bacdd6; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000f3d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.sladefreebe01-border1 {width:462px; border:2px solid #527d96; margin:0 auto;}
.sladefreebe01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #527d96; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread