But she's cold inside
She smiled at her daughter's excitement and general joy at all the news, but sooner than later it seemed she had to drop her smile and sit quiet. She let her daughter go on and on about all the teenage trivial things, how unfair it was, little bits of jealousy over her siblings adventure, but when she stopped Iskata knew she couldn't remain quiet forever. She shifted away from her daughter to stare at her. She didn't know what really to say. She'd found Pilot yet, but Phoenix had been found and disappeared again. What could you really say in a moment like this.

She took a deep breath and let it out slowly, stalling, buying time for what she didn't want to say. Finally she gave up and bowed her head. I found Pilot, he's helped start a new pack along the mountain.. and I've heard from your father as well. She shook her head and swallowed against the lump in her throat. I'm not sure if he's coming back baby... He did make it out of the fire, but he disappeared again shortly after. Skoll thought he was going to look for you guys... Iskata trailed off there. She wasn't as sure as her yellowed gold hued friend. Phoenix wouldn't have left the area to look for them first. He'd have searched the surrounding areas before venturing back across the wasted burn lands.

She looked up at her daughter again with a sad smile on her face as she studied her. Ember had always been daddy's girl. He may still comeback... The could all hope, but Iskata wasn't so sure. She wasn't sure if she could live off the fumes of hope any longer.

Messages In This Thread