tell the world I'm coming home
[html]

Yay! Big Grin 300+

The young girl did not notice her sister entering the room and her attention was snapped back to reality with the sound of Amata's voice. Though she did not remember sleeping for so long and she did not remember specifics about her dreams, she remembered Amata talking to her often, the sound of her voice both calming and frustrating, as she had seemed sad and Artemis could not find her. Sad eyes, so soft and blue like her father's, watched Amata's lips move as she spoke. The girl did not truly know what to say to her sister, or to anyone, in fact. She did not really remember much about the fall and she did not remember even sleeping, though she knew that she had for such a long time. Her mother would not lie to her about that, and Artemis knew that her body was weak and frail in ways it had not been before. It had been tiring and dreadfully cold while she was looking for the ball, but she had persisted until it was found.

"It was Denali's," she murmured softly, turning the red ball over in her hands. "We snuck off to the city once and he found it, and we were playing with it, I think, the day that I... I fell." It was hard to talk about something she had trouble believing had happened. Artemis had always been adventurous and had always caused some type of trouble, but falling had seemed like an impossibility. She had never thought that something bad could happen to her, and now it had, and what was worse was that her best friend was missing. She turned a sad gaze up to her sister's bicolored eyes. "You can sit, if you want," she said, motioning with a weak gesture to another of the chairs. She would not mind her sister's company for a bit, if the older girl could be around the sad sister.

<style type="text/css">
.ArtieWF b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.ArtieWF-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#FFFFFF; text-align:right; }
.ArtieWF p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.ArtieWF {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#BAE4FB; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... tieWF2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #92C7DE; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#92C7DE; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread