kaleidoscope heart
[html]

It's okay! Mom is doing quite well, thanks ^^ <3 300+

None of them were strong enough to get through this alone. Savina certainly wasn't. The woman could not imagine having to go through this alone, without anyone to lean on. She could be bad about accepting or asking for help at times, but she was doing better with it now. The mother did not expect her other children to deal with this on their own either, and it was her own fault that she had not been there for them as she should have. It shamed her, but she could only move forward and do everything she could to help them now. Feeling Parker relax in her arms did something to soothe that guilt. Marinos were a strong breed and could often consider themselves an island in times of crisis. The truth was more akin to a chain of islands though, all connected under the ocean's waves.

At her suggestion, her daughter made a soft noise and pulled apart from their embrace. Those bright eyes made of sunlight looked up to her and the matron's smile became more true. She doubted she could look at those eyes and not smile. "There's my sunshine," she said, a thumb rubbing the girl's pale cheek. The notion of starting the fire again was accepted by the Sadira girl and she stood and grabbed one of the logs, placing it in the hearth. For a moment or two Savina stood still and watched as Parker moved about the room, taken in by her natural grace. It was still hard to believe that she was already so grown up, but it was impossible not to beam with pride that she and Kansas had given birth to and raised such a wonderful soul.

The Dreaming leader walked over to join her daughter at the fireplace and took the flint that the girl handed to her. Savina gave Parker a reassuring look and knelt down in front of the wood and kindling and began to strike the flint, making sure that the young wolf could see what she was doing. It took a bit of time, but finally some sparks caught and the seeds of the fire were planted. Savina carefully blew on them to encourage their growth and then sat back and watched the dancing oranges, yellows, and reds. "You know, it was not that long ago that fire still scared me, and I had no notion of how to start one myself." Now it was hard to imagine life without the element.

<style type="text/css">
.savistatue b {font-weight:bold; color:#012153; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #010F39; }
.savistatue-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; }
.savistatue p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.savistatue {margin:0 auto; width:467px; background-color:#005B8F; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... statue.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000413; padding: 10px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#003967; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread