[J]Fallen Comfort and Snow Piles
[html]

Word Count 221

Drusus shivered at the wolf’s name. This is the alpha! His head screamed repeatedly before he ground his teeth and silenced it. Shifting the bag on his hip, he answered, eyes still lowered to the snowy ground. My name is Drusus and I am a skilled tree climber. I also know how to handle a bow and a sling deceptively well. Other than that, I have no other skills. At least, this is how he felt, his mind and heart all twisted up inside. He no longer had any pride in himself, nor in anyone else. He had been trampled over too many times.

Swallowing, he shuffled his paws and licked his lips, not daring to look upon the alpha. The last time he did, he had gotten the hooked scar on his ribs and his paw. He remembered the blood, the pain, and falling. He heard the snarls and cortile of wolf laughs as all went dark...He shook this off and straightened up, determined not to be weak in the eyes of an alpha. He perked his ears and waited for the alpha to banish him from the grounds, his body already tensed to run before he could lash out at him. He would get through this with dignity.

<style type="text/css">
.drusstair-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.drusstair b {font-weight:bold; color:#920000; letter-spacing:1px}
.drusstair p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.drusstair {margin:0 auto; background-color:#eeeeee; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/hwwwhv.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 330px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#121111; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:363px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread