Creeping slow, it's okay to be afraid.
His motions startled her, as he nuzzled her cheek her first impulse was to bite him but with Liam nestled in between her paws she settled for allowing a small warning growl escape from her throat. She accepted his gesture even though she growled slightly at him. Her ears were held back against her skull though, still in a startled warning, not an aggressive threat. It had been a while since any one had shown her affection, even if it was to comfort her.

“I do not feel guilty,” She stated allowing that cold voice that she had met Tailiesin with enter into her speech. “Wolves are not afraid to die,” she said repeating what her mate had told her before he passed. She bared her fangs here, but only for a moment; again, she did not wish to be seen as an aggressive beast, especially with a sleeping pup.

She remembered Liam and sighed; lowering her ears against her head in a sad gesture, she lowered her muzzle to gently hover it over the young cub. She wanted more than ever, at that moment to curl herself around the slumbering pup and offer her warmth to him. She knew this pup was filling her empty heart with warmth, and she wanted to mother the little one. She sighed and watched the little one toss within his sleep, she knew that the cub was most likely dreaming of happy moments, ever child usually did. The she wolf had yet to meet a cub that did not dream of wonderful moments.

Here she sighed, and gazed up at Tailiesin. Her gray orbs filled with an overwhelming sadness, “I do not feel guilty Tailiesin,” she began. “I feel abounded…” She paused and took a moment to gaze skyward, her glance hazing over slightly as she slipped back into her mind. “I wanted to go with them,” She began lowering her gaze back to the male wolf, the insane haze vanishing from her glance. “I wanted to be swept into death’s fangs as well,” she laughed gently to herself, “but I only twisted my ankle, I just happened to be at the edge of the collapsed floor…”

The memory of her hanging on the side of the hole, the claws of her hind paws digging into the cellar wall as she fought to pull herself up onto solid flooring came rushing back to her. “I fought to keep myself from falling too, but in the end I had fell…” She sighed, “Twisted my right paw, just twisted it…” She began to mumble, “the other’s…they all left me…” she lowered her gaze and sighed, “I’m sorry Tailiesin, I must seem mad?”

Messages In This Thread