Lost and starving
[html]

Sage noticed the girl shivering, feeling the warmth of her own rabbit-fur blanket close around her shoulders, pausing to consider sharing the comfort. But before the thought was fully-formed, the stranger spoke.

"I know this is Inferni I came here looking for this place." she said, voice strong and unwavering.

"Oh," Sage replied, her quiet voice a bit surprised, unsure of what else to say. After all, she supposed, Inferni really did have it's own quite widespread reputation. The Lykoi girl paused for a moment to consider the fact that if this woman had heard of Inferni before and still came to seek it out, maybe she deserved a place. But, then, part of Sage wished that those who craved a battle-worn and rage-driven home would stop seeking out this place. She hoped that, one day, it might not be that frightening land that no one would travel to.

"I'm looking for a home." she stated clearly, then pausing to add: "What do I have to do, my clothes in my bag are soaked and I'm tired and hungry I need to rest."

"A home?" Sage repeated, smile broadening. Now, she took the blanket from around her shoulders and placed it across the trembling stranger's. "Well, then, I certainly won't turn you away, being so very miserable." she said lightheartedly, a smile on her face, beckoning the woman in closer. "But might you be able to offer us anything in return?" After all, she could not just invite every random stranger into the clan(though if it was Sage's choice, she might just do that); there had to be some sort of merit, some value, for her to allow this stranger passage, right?

"Your clothes will dry in no time at all," she smiled, yellow eyes flickering momentarily to take in the scarred chest of the woman, feeling slight unease rise within her. The Lykoi girl did not feel supremely threatened by this new coyote presence, but her wits were always about her.

"What do they call you, then?" she asked, her dreamy voice carrying just enough over the light breeze. As she spoke, she had reached into her satchel and retrieved a joint, placing it to her mouth, lighting it, and taking a nice drag from it. At this point, it was second nature, almost a reflex, and the earth child truly didn't think twice about sparking up in front of this strange woman.

<style type="text/css">
.sagefreeb2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f8f5f8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #4c4c58; }
.sagefreeb2-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c58; text-align:center;}
.sagefreeb2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sagefreeb2 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#e0d7f5; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #f8f5f8; padding: 135px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c58; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.sagefreeb2-border1 {width:466px; border:1px solid #4c4c58; margin:0 auto;}
.sagefreeb2-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #4c4c58; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#300+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread