ashes to ashes
She hung her head at the scowling, knowing she deserved it. When he finally stopped and asked her if there was anything else she just shook her head and tried to keep the tears at bay. She was acting like a child, but she felt it was so unfair. There had been no sign of their children, but Phoenix had made it through, and yet he'd run off again at the first moment possible, not even well enough to go. She sighed and gazed up at Skoll looking as guilty as she felt. I'm sorry... IT just feels like last time. Losing everything and everyone all at once. Just like last time. Fears had just been killed but I had the children.. then they were even taken away. I'm not sure if I even have that much hope left in me anymore Skoll.. but I can try. She didn't even stop to think that Skoll might not know anything about her life in Tears, her previous mate or even care really, but there was no other way to understand unless she explained it.

She hung her head again and tried to get a grip on her emotions as he was kind enough to offer her some refuge from her relentless hunting, but she knew she had to go on if she was going to find them. She'd try and find each of the packs and clans that were reforming. Her children would know like all young that they'd be welcome and safe within a pack. That was what she would have to do and she was determined to see it through and find her family.

She was so lost in her thoughts and plans she almost hadn't heard Skoll's last question except for the fact of hearing her daughter's name. Raising her head back up she smiled wearily and nodded to him. Firefly is fine. Phoenix was wrong about DaVinci though, he might be hard to understand, but he didn't steal Firefly. He'd come to tell her goodbye and explain he was going to look for his sister Magdalena and the little scamp followed him out of the territory. They found their sister and are all together. They promised they'd return when the time was right.. I'm sortof glad they didn't return with me.. atleast, not to this. She knew it sounded wrong to be glad your children didn't come home with you, but atleast they were safe from the grief and the shock of what had happened to their homelands.

...Skoll.. do you know if there are anyother packs that have joined together? Maybe.. my kids found some protection out here.. A little bit of hope wasn't bad, but she wasn't sure if she had enough for the whole lot of them.. for everything all at once. One step at a time..

Messages In This Thread