(J!) Wanderer's daughter.
[html]

Just so you know, I won't be able to reply again until tomorrow afternoon/evening since I have work and another engagement ^^; 300+

The words he had hoped would evaporate her fear only seemed to compound it with the same sort of confusion that he had felt about her own words. Nayati felt it was quite obvious that he was a wolf--surely what else could he be?--and yet this simple fact appeared to completely befuddle the unknown female. Nayati sighed heavily. Usually he was a very patient soul, but with everything that had happened in the last moon he was feeling stretched thing and worn down; this strange conversation was not helping that in any way. Still, the man had enough grace not to get short with the woman or to snap at her. "Well, most do not hang around the borders all day. We live in the inner areas of the territory. Just because we are not in sight does not mean we are not there," he said in as even and kind of tone as he could muster. Perhaps she had never been a part of a group before.

When she got closer and sniffed at his legs, Nayati took a step back, giving her a bewildered look. To him, this form was much more normal than the four legged one she wore herself. He knew this was mostly due to the culture of the tribe, but it was hard to imagine what she found so odd and hard to believe about him. "Of course I am. Wolves can walk like that, but they can also walk as I do if you shift your form. I would not be able to walk upright either in the form you are in." It did not even occur to the Utina that she knew nothing of changing forms. Such a thing was nearly unheard of in AniWaya.

Then she began to walk around him, inspecting him, and Nayati became quite uncomfortable yet again. He did not enjoy being examined as if he were some unnatural thing. When she asked what he was, he gave a dissatisfied frown and crossed his arms over his chest. Even when she amended the question a little, it still seemed awfully rude to him "Perhaps you could call me by my name." It was a hint, but he wasn't going to give his name to her unless she asked in a more respectful and courteous manner.

<style type="text/css">
.nayati b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nayati .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nayati p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nayati {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#ede3d7; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... nayati.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0F475F; padding: 167px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread