a morning after
[html]

Her face lit up like a starry night sky at the news that Shawchert was a musician. 'Flute' was not a term she was familiar with, but it was better than nothing at all. The Latina mutt scratched at her nose for a brief moment before offering a smile. She studied the wooden flute that was presented to her, curious about the construction; she wasn't a carpenter, but she saw beauty in wooden pieces.

He praised her talents in speech and writing, leaving her a bit flustered. She turned her face away and hid it behind a white-tipped hand, tapping her fingers against her muzzle. "I'm sure you can write fine, mi querido," she mumbled. Her pink eyes sought something to look at while she avoided the tan leader; they managed to find snow, which was better than nothing. It wasn't unnatural for leaders to have weaknesses, not in the mind of the shepherd-mix. Anchjo showed his own weaknesses, using it as a ploy to gain support from the children. Krystalle didn't see this tactic in the tan wolf, but she wondered if he was sincere for a brief moment.

"I guess, like, maybe I could help? I dunno who Orin is, but penmanship can be one of those weird things." She criticized her own more than she should, since her letters were well formed and easy to read. The Horzana woman had never tried to teach, only learn, but she was willing to work on it. "I learned Spanish real easy. It's what my ma's family speaks; they live somewhere else, and only spoke that, y'know?" She heaved her shoulders in a shrug, glancing toward Shawchert thoughtfully.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread