a kiss for sleeping beauty
[html]

The woman's pink hued eyes captivated Faryn's attention for a moment, such that she barely heard the clarification that the female was writing not reading. The blonde furred girl had never seen such a pretty eye color before, though she did look away for a moment to brake what she thought was an obvious stare. The woman's own name drifted to her ears and she made a point to remember it. Her tense posture also relaxed slightly at Krystalle's encouragement. It was never her intention to appear nervous and anxious, but lately it always seemed to be the result, no matter what she intended. "V-very nice to meet you, Krystalle. I'm sorry for the way I'm acting. I'm just not very good at meeting new people...I guess," she replied, hoping that admitting her problem, or at least part of it, would help her calm down. Getting things off of one's chest usually helped calm them, right?

Fortunately for Faryn she seemed to be right in that regard as her feathery furred tail resumed a more natural state behind her and her ears slowly perked up. Out of curiosity the younger girl slowly and carefully closed the distance between herself and the other woman who had resumed her writing. "Not to interrupt again, but...what are you writing about?" her timid voice sounded almost child-like in the innocent curiosity of its tone. The art of recording words on pages, or even the ability to read words fascinated the Tahra girl. Krystalle seemed to enjoy it as well, judging by her enthusiastic pursuit of her writing. It had been a long time since Faryn had bravely asked about something, for up until a short while ago the wrong question would have been answered by the back of a hand against her face or worse depending upon her master's mood. The fear of repercussion would linger for a long time in the fragile girl, but at this moment it had been pushed aside by her curiosity. Perhaps, the lack of opportunities to learn in her early childhood left the adolescent with a greater than average thirst for knowledge. She certainly had no idea, but it was doubtless a helpful thing for her. Her newfound freedom would give her the chance to live and grow into the person she was supposed to be, who she really was deep underneath the shattered fragments of her personality. Only time would begin to tell if she could repair herself on her own or if her drug dependent, abused soul would need the help of others.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread