The greatest danger to our future is apathy.
[html]

It will have to be on the chat, as I work ridiculous hours this week D:

What was she expected to feel?

The boy’s blood would mean nothing now, for he had tried to take the life of another member, both of the family and the clan. It was unacceptable, and she knew this. The warrior was torn, of course, but Itachi could not fall further from grace now. The mother would mourn her own way, but the boy would receive no special treatment. This was what she convinced herself of, though she had yet to be put to the test with a sword in hand and the traitor son’s exposed neck.

Halo expected punishment from her leader, but there was none. Perhaps he thought the knowledge of her son’s hideous betrayal was enough. It was more than enough to torment her in the months to come. His words about blood made flames brighten her orbs from within; a flash of thunder in the building storm. But the Aquila was right; of course he was. There was a lot of built up hatred inside her, but never had she found the face of her attacker.

Rubies fell to the floor in quiet defeat, for she had no answer to give her superior. ”I don’t know. I think I was sedated.” It was humiliating to stand before this man and be faced with the nightmare that had brought Itachi to life, but she could not deny Gabriel as long as she had at least something to give.

<style>
.halo-z29 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.halo-z29 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.halo-z29 b {color:#BE5A48; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.halo-z29 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010june/halogift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #BE5A48; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#957D85; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.halo-z29-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]

Messages In This Thread