The greatest danger to our future is apathy.
[html]

Word Count → -- :: AND EVERYONE STALKING THIS THREAD RAGES. TROLOLOLOLO

He did not miss the change in her face, nor the way that her body responded to the question. Muscles went taunt, remembering something she did not, and he felt a fierce desire to destroy the thing she had spawned. It was no longer her son in his eyes—no longer a living person related to him by blood. Halo was his niece and though he had once sought to destroy all of the pride she had carried for a traitor, he hated seeing her so defeated. Gabriel knew she would never be able to slay her son. Kaena could not. She would be no different.

Now there came a second and far more terrible wave of hatred from within him. Sedated. The word was too sterile for the deed. She had either been intoxicated or forced. This changed nothing, but only strengthened a resolve set in motion years ago. Itachi would need to be erased from this earth. Of this, Gabriel had no doubt. “When I found him, he didn’t say anything. He just looked at me.” Just as he had been when he was a child, Itachi was too still. It reminded him of Enkiel, though the jackal was almost reptilian in that respect. Itachi was not. He was simply wrong.

“Halo, he looked at me like—“ and he spoke the name, knowing now in his heart it was true.

<style>
#gabe-aquila {font-familyConfusederif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px 0px;
background-image:url(); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; }
#gabe-aquila .ooc {font-style:italic; font-familyConfusederif, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
#gabe-aquila .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
#gabe-aquila .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
#gabe-aquila p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
#gabe-aquila b {letter-spacing:1px; font-familyConfusederif; font-size:14px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread