Firework
[html]

I looked up the Great Fire on the 'Souls wiki, and I'm going to adapt that to the story J'adore told Tatiana. Is that okay? I figure it would be a more dramatic, flowery version of the history on the wiki.

The male moved and sat himself down, then looked to her - and began telling the tale. It started with the history of the world before Luperci; but of course he did not call them that. The description made the girl think of herself, for surely she was just as primitive as the wolves in the story. Her own mother had told her tales of humans, of the two leggers that had once controlled the world, hunting the wolf to extinction in many places. Such tales were lost on her though; because she was alive, and the humans were not. All that was left of those mythological creatures were the ruins of cities, strange paths made of hardened tar, and contraptions that made pretty good beds. Tatiana's doubts rose within her mind as J'adore continued with his story, and she fought back the urge to question him. Doing so would be rude, and she was still feeling alienated after disturbing Nayati at the border with her behavior.

Next, came the history of fire. The world was without fire, but it came to them one by one in the forms of spirits - blessing them, giving them an advantage over the other wolves and dogs of the land. The fire raged, taking the humans away, but passing this gift of life and power down to the canines. Tatiana concentrated as she listened, barely moving, or even really breathing. She was in such a deep concentration that the girl hadn't moved away from his white eyes, becoming lost in their dream-like mist. Her mind wandered while her ears listened, pondering about his strange eyes. Could he see properly? Was he perhaps blinded by the fire, but still blessed with sight? Such a silly question - yet it clung to her like moss. Finally as the tale ended, J'adore gave a brief pause. Any questions?

The girl sat there, absorbing, trying to deconstruct the tale and make sense of it. It seemed so gawdy and out of place, to talk about their own kind as if they were superior to her own. Still, in a way they were. They had the extra height and strength, the digits, even the intelligence. They constructed tree-shapes to live in, similar to the humans and their ruins. Tatiana gave a glance towards the fire as she thought quietly to herself, then shook her head. "I have no questions. Although I have much to think about now."

<style>
.tatiana_skua .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.tatiana_skua p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.tatiana_skua b {color:#293240; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.tatiana_skua {background-color:#ebf5fb; background-image:url(http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6157/tatianaskua.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4e4e78; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #ffffff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 240px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread