all that we are not
[html]

She would never know the horrors of the pyre. Her father had, and her brother would have been condemned if he had been born in those mountains. Luckily, Larkspur had not told his children of such horrors yet. They had only thus far seen one most-terrible thing, and that was destiny at work. God was cruel. Tak had come up from the earth and destroyed Harlowe with her father’s might. Salvia hoped to never face such a thing again. He had been a monster and forced the hand of a much more terrible god.

Salvia had seen her father’s power and sought to make it her own. “I watched him,” she said evenly, her own lightly accented voice mimicking her father. “He does it to the sheep and his horse.” A child’s explanation based on observation. It did not seem strange to her that one could capture eyes. Not much surprised her after the things she had been taught and the things she had seen.

Her timber body rocked back to look up at the taller woman, smiling toothily. “I dunno. No one was around so I came here. What’re you doin’?”

<style type="text/css">
.salgrunge b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.salgrunge .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-face:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.salgrunge p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.salgrunge {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... _table.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.salgrunge .separator{width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread