Healing Old Wounds
Virgil could tell his son was nervous and when the boy explained his actions, he waved them off. I know that you weren't totally avoiding me. He said softly. He looked a bit ashamed. To tell you the truth, I've tried to stay out of your way. I wasn't quite sure where I stood with you and figured I'd play it safe. He gave his son a grin.

At the attack, he was saddened. Your mother took the worst of it actually. I tried to protect her but they blamed her since 'the female is supposed to raise the young.' He gave a wry smile. I must admit. Now that I think about it I'm insulted by that. I did teach you how to hunt and acrobatic running. Do you still do that? You were good at it. Then he sobered. In some ways I can't account for how I survived.

At his son's apology, he said, Falgar. There is nothing to apologize for. I would have acted the same way. And I understand that you were and are still confused. He lowered his eyes sadly. I blame myself for what happened. I should have not stayed with that pack. I should have taken you and your mother away from there. Then we might still be a whole family.

Messages In This Thread