Shadows in the Night
[html]

Word Count=300+

Jaden watched the female, still poised and ready for any attack that might come. She was angry at him and that was plainly obvious by the way she yelled her responses back at him. Listening to her, the Alaskan quickly began to understand just why she was angry. Rina was her pet which had almost been stepped on, her hunt had been nearly ruined, and her paw trampled. Never having a pet or even a child of his own, Jaden did not have much to compare the feelings she had for Rina to something in his own life. Wondering if the martin was like a sibling to her, he made a connection to the pain he felt in losing his sister. Oh what he would have done to save Destiny if he could’ve. For her to be hostile toward him because she was worried about her loved pet seemed completely fair. Jaden had thought about eating it anyway.

Sheathing his dagger, he watched as she picked up Rina and limped to the edge of the clearing. She had shown her painfully damaged paw before moving and now sat under the trees tampering with it. The Alaskan edged a bit closer and watched as she began to sweat and curse in pain. I did not get her hurt intentionally, he told himself. There was no evidence of her hunting. Not a scent. Not a sound. She was experienced in sneaking about. Or Jaden was letting his guard down too much. Since passing Dahlia de Mia, he had been snuck up on more than a few times. Either way, she was hurt and he was still somewhat to blame. “I’m sorry about putting you and your pet in danger. I didn’t know we were hunting the same deer.” Walking a bit closer still, he said, “If you’d like, I can look at your paw. I know a bit about injuries. It might be easier to have someone else set it...”

<style type="text/css">
.snowlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.snowlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#3b6262; letter-spacing:1px}
.snowlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.snowlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#071923; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/343gkt4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#617984; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #05121c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread