Building a new home
Shanta finished with her wall just a few minutes after Shiloh. Two more walls and they would be done with the room. "Oh, that sounds harsh." she commented quietly as Shiloh talked of her starvation. Shanta had always had food, no matter the amount. Her family had usually shared a piece of prey, squirrels, rabbits, mice, elk, deer, you name it. They gave their thanks to their creator and to the animal who's life was taken. Her heart ached terribly at the thought of her family. "A week ago, huh? I must have got here a few days before you."

Her mind wandered to her mother. Her sweet faced, kindhearted mother. The loss of her brother and father had driven her mad. 'I shouldn't have left her!' Shanta yelled at herself. "Originally, I was going to join with my family." as her voice, smooth and melodic, went on in a sort of trance, her hand went to the lotus on her chest. "My parents, my brother, and I traveled here from Maine. My brother went missing shortly after and my father died looking for him. The loss of everyone was too much for my mother, sh-she. . . she ran off a cliff."

The trance was broken when Shiloh asked for her help. Her eyes focused and she shook her head slightly. "Yeah. . . I mean yes, Where is it going?" she said as she grabbed a armful of wood.

Messages In This Thread