Shadows in the Night
[html]

Word Count~400

“There is no need to thank me,” Jaden said as he watched the female. “I only fixed an injury I caused. Keep your weight off of it if you can. That will help you heal quicker.” He gave her a Sympathetic smile. “I did the same to my shoulder about a year ago, so I know what you are going through.”

The Alaskan rose from his knelt position and stretched his back a little. “I would also offer some tea to help your pain, but I don’t know that I have any left.” He turned and went back to where he had dropped his satchel and weapons. They lay peacefully in the grass, seemingly completely unaffected by what had just happened. She is tuff for not making more of a racket, Jaden thought to himself. Having re-dislocated his shoulder after doing it the first time, he knew all too well how uncomfortable it was. “The winter has killed the most useful herbs around here.”

Slipping his shoulder strap and satchel on again, he turned back to her. The black wolf was oddly interesting at that moment, lying in the grass before him. Questions bubbled into the Optime’s mind, who was she? Where was she from? Where was she going? But he didn’t ask. From the way she had reacted to him being near to her, he got the feeling that she might not want to talk to him much more. It could have just been the pain he caused her, but Jaden felt it might be more than that. He didn’t blame her. Getting to know random people in the wilderness doesn’t usually contribute to your life in any major way. If she wanted to be on her way, he would not stop her or ask her to stay. Feeling his stomach tighten with forgotten hunger pains reminded him what he had set out to do anyway. A hot meal on the beach sounded even nicer now then it had before. “I hope your paw feels a bit better, stranger. My name is Jaden by the way. It’s nice to meet you,” said the man with a grin. It suddenly seemed odd that he had not gotten a name for her before now.

<style type="text/css">
.snowlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.snowlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#3b6262; letter-spacing:1px}
.snowlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.snowlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#071923; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/343gkt4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#617984; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #05121c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread