Paw Prints
[html]

Slade was surprised to hear that Deidre wasn't satisfied with her life. Sure, being a loner could be boring after a while, but it wasn't so bad. Even though he preferred pack life, if he had never found Cercatori d'Arte or any of the packs in the area, he would have been satisfied to be a loner. He was going to ask her why she wasn't happy before she asked him a question instead, and he wondered if she reason she wasn't happy was because she didn't have a pack.

Seeing that she was back in a casual, lighthearted mood, Slade replied with the same tone. "Most of the time I find myself exploring the territory and meeting packmates. I could do a lot more if I had hands and such; there's a town deeper into the territory called Thornbury, and most Luperci I know have claimed houses there. Since we're a pack focused on creativity, that's what most of us do. There are singers and craftsmen, and writers like myself." He had to admit he was making it sound a lot more exciting than he really found it; he didn't know many of his packmates other than seeing them here and there.

He tilted his head, deciding to take a risk. "Were you thinking of joining a pack? I know you mentioned Inferni earlier, and now you're asking about Cercatori." He found the idea of recruiting her intriguing; he really didn't have any close friends in the pack, and nearly everyone was a luperci so he had to look up to see them if they were in their optime form. Deidre was someone he could actually relate to, and he had no problems talking to her and opening up.

Then Slade realized a small problem. He didn't express it vocally, but he remembered that Cercatori was centered around creativity. He didn't doubt for a moment that Deidre had some sort of talent, but did it lie in the arts? Would Shawchert or Sky be willing to accept someone-- He blinked, clearing his thoughts. He was jumping to conclusions again.

<style type="text/css">
.sladefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bacdd6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000f3d; }
.sladefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000f3d; text-align:center;}
.sladefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sladefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#527d96; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... slade1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bacdd6; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000f3d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.sladefreebe01-border1 {width:462px; border:2px solid #527d96; margin:0 auto;}
.sladefreebe01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #527d96; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#03+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread