Healing Old Wounds
He wanted to hug his son at the pain that the death of his mother caused but wasn't sure if that would be appreciated yet. I tried to help her, but... He trailed off sadly. He was stabbed with guilt and felt the start of his spiral into his own pit of despair. But then he mentally shook his head. He needed to be strong and not berate himself for their past.

At Falgar's revelation of not practicing, he gave a smile. Things happen. I understand perfectly. His smile turned slightly mischievously. I'm a little rusty myself. Want to practice together soon? It was partly the truth. He hadn't felt like doing them so he was rusty. But hopefully that would provide a father/son bonding moment.

As Falgar explained what his point of view was, he shook his head. He knew whose fault it was. Son, now listen to me. It's not your fault or my fault. It was their fault. He said strongly but not harshly. He needed him to understand that it wasn't their fault. When Falgar turned away, Virgil decided to go up and take a plunge. He gently nudged his son, hoping that the physical contact was alright.

Messages In This Thread