M - they cut me down to size
[html]

All his words swam around her head and left tantalizing visions of time spent with him, and of future that had yet to be founded. A God she had never seen had smiled upon her, somehow, by bringing him back. It seemed she was not alone in yearning for affection lost to the faces of others within her home. She could not deny that it was wrong—oh, so wrong—to harbor the desire felt for the large doggish man wrapped in her arms at that moment. She was sure others had felt the same call; how else had her grandmother given birth to creatures so clearly wolf? It did not excuse the actions. Of course, as the returned-traitor, no one would notice another trespass against Inferni culture.

Everything sounded right coming from the lips of the Winters male. Just as she had suffered on the inside as days rolled by, hoping to find a time to visit the mountains in search of her secret desires, Caillen had suffered the loss of the russet woman. It showed in his eyes. Again, her fingers pressed against his plush face, leaning backwards only enough to press her nose against his own. "I should have gone to see you sooner. I'm sorry," she whispered, feeling guilt where there should have been none. Time simply wasn't on her side.

She sought his hands, fingers wrapping around thicker digits and giving a gentle squeeze of reassurance. He had suffered for her, just as blessed Ezekiel had, and just as Gabriel had before him. Though she would never be capable of admitting it, some semblance of love pushed the guilt away, filling her eyes with warm desire as she gazed into lonely ice reflections. While the males of her nuclear family offered comfort, Caillen offered a missing piece of the world she had never tried to explore, so determined that caring lead to miserable death.

"Will you stay with me?" she asked, soft in tone and hopeful. Not forever, certainly not, but for the evening and perhaps the morning after. Any time spent with him would be enough to dismiss her own loneliness until the time came to embrace him again.

<style type="text/css">
.talithaangel b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.talithaangel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.talithaangel p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.talithaangel {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... iangel.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 120px 0px 20px 40px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread