Tree Tops and Fleeting Hawks
[html]

WC: 366

Now that she seemed to have gotten her anger out there was an explosion of questions and it nearly overwhelmed Niro, he couldn’t help but laugh as she asked. These were many of the same questions others had asked him and he could easily answer.

“Yes my companions hunt with me, at least two of them right now. Gregor here is still learning. They are really my eyes in the sky, making it quicker for me to get to my prey, that way we don’t have to search as long, and have more time to stratigize.”

He said, smiling. With that explanation he hit two birds with one stone, so that was good, the other questions came and he was sure to be able to do the same things.

“For them I use a series of whistles, they are more commands than anything and I try to only use them when working. Like I command my packs hunts, tell everyone where to go and such, with the birds i use the whistles to tell them what to look for. They will let me know themselves by either circling the area where the animals we are hunting are or showing us the way if we are in thick trees.”

There was much more to that, much more indeed but that was the basics. He trained very hard every day, not just the birds but himself too. He was the huntsman of this pack, he was the one that needed to get enough food for all. Mostly those who were either too young to hunt just yet, or were not able to hunt and had other duties to the pack.

“They get their share of the meat once the hunt is over with, I do not leave them to go hunt on their own after. They know this and expect this. We share our meals too, if I hunt something alone, I give them some of my food and if they do, they give some of their meal. It helps when I have many birds to feed. They are learning the use of a team really.”

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdae92; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nirogifty01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; text-align:left;}
.nirogifty01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.nirogifty01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#202522; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 252221.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bdae92; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty01-border1 {width:370px; border:1px solid #4d4849; margin:0 auto;}
.nirogifty01-line1 {width:344px; border-bottom:1px dotted #514c41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli

[/html]

Messages In This Thread