Is your heart still beating?
[html]

300+

"That'll go away eventually. Then you'll be back to your energetic self again," he promised her, smiling back. He was sure she would bounce back eventually, and she might even help them look for Denali. But that left Silvano wondering what would happen if they never found the boy or if something had happened. Then what would that do Artemis? Would she feel responsible like their adopted brother had felt when she fell off of the roof? Would they end up losing her to a depression or something else radical? And what about their mother? What could she do to deal with all that? She had almost lost herself with Artemis's coma and was only slowly brightening. But the house was still cold without any of them knowing where the boy was. Poor kid.. Silvano hoped he was okay wherever he was. After all, Denali was not fit for this weather in the least.

He knew that his sister was never an avid reader like he was, but he figured the thought would help her out. But the story was still good! He smiled at her, no longer the slow child he once was. Now he was starting to realize that he only had too many thoughts for his head to process fast enough. Maybe that was like Artemis; she had had too much energy for herself to contain. But this tired form was not acceptable. She had to get better or else everyone would stay upset. And Mother would blame herself more. It was a vicious cycle that should not go on.

"I've just been trying to help out everything else. Didn't do a very good job since more people will listen to Anu or to Dad or to Uncle Jazper or Aunt Ghita but still. I helped Uncle Jazper patch up some of the windows during the blizzard. Did Mama tell you about it?" he asked, cocking his head at Artemis. He looked down at the book in her lap, remembering. "Oh and, I don't know if you remember or not.. but I - we - you're on chapter 15..," he faltered, trying to figure what it would be. "I.. read you some of that when you slept..," he muttered at the end, hoping his sister either remembered or had been told.

<style type="text/css">
.silvanofreeb b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e9aa2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0f1117; }
.silvanofreeb-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0f1117; text-align:center;}
.silvanofreeb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.silvanofreeb {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#535b72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ofreeb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #9e9aa2; padding: 125px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0f1117; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify;}
.silvanofreeb-border1 {width:484px; border:1px solid #0f1117; margin:0 auto;}
.silvanofreeb-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #373c4b; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
By Alli
000+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread