The past that's in between us
[html]
Rage gripped Connor, the sheer complexity of why he had done what he had done, his inability to explain it, the inability of the other to even comprehend what he had gone through filled his body with anger, trapped in its purest form inside him. His blow almost split the trunk of the tree he struck, his paw splitting open, his hackles fully risen, the fur on his back standing on end. He turned to Lubomir and tried to keep his voice under control, almost shouting at the smaller wolf, keeping it down only to avoid involving any others. "How can I explain it to you in terms you will understand? You were not there. You are not me." he cried out, his breathing deep and shaken. It would do him no good to lose it in front of this wolf. He had caused great pain in the past, who knows what he could do again.

He slumped against the tree stump, his paws moving to his braid, playing with the feather before tugging his mane hard, shaking his head as he thought of the words. "I was told by my pack to keep the puppy alive. Farrell and I were told to torture it, so we did. It was not our place to ask questions, to ask why, merely to obey." he said, picking up bits of bark lying on the floor and throwing them away idly. "I kept that puppy alive through things you could not imagine, and it would have been alive a lot longer had it not been taken away from where I could tend its wounds, where I could heal it."

He looked into the other wolf's eyes with something akin to hatred, but not as passionate, dulled almost. "It wasn't only my Brother you killed that day, you know. The puppy would have lived." he said quietly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread