Sandy Shores
[html]

[ooc] -- i thought you'd be there.

holding daisies, counting stars. -- [bic]

Despite all her sharp observations, certain traits were completely missed on Cer’s radar. Certain oddities that the young female accepted without even realizing it, such as Slay’s coat color. Of course she knew he looked different than most other wolves she’d seen, she’s noted that the first time she saw him, but it never crossed her mind as odd. His coloring was just a fact about him, and that was that, other than making looking at him a tad more interesting and being about to pick him out quickly when he was amongst a sea of white, Cercelee unknowingly gave no thought to the matter. It was the same way she didn’t really classify canines as wolves, coyotes, or hybrids. Cercelee knew that the clan Inferni was known to be very anti-wolf, but still upon meeting a canine that was not wolf, Cercelee never assumed anything, until they gave her reason to form a judgement.

Slay’s response made her Cercelee paused to think. Anything wrong with her? For a moment Cer’s navy eyes turned to stare at the water, which was a brighter shade than her eyes as the sun bounced off it. The only thing wrong with her, was that she was only another little ant in the army of Ceres descendants, and that upon meeting complete strangers they knew where she came from better than she did. Shaking the thought from her, Cer raised her eyes to meet Slay’s, merry once again. Get to know me better, I’m sure there will be something that annoys you. The dainty female floated easily in the water, waiting to hear if Slay did indeed have any questions. When he spoke again, the question wasn’t so much a surprise, it was a natural one, and Cercelee had no qualms about answering it. Even in the content of her answer seemed unpleasant at times, her voice never wavered. The female had long since accepted everything, and her past was only a tale, and short one at that.

I haven’t always been with Colibri, I only found her a week or so before you stumbled upon us to be honest. I wasn’t born in a pack, just my mother, father and brothers, quite a ways away from here. I don’t think I could ever find the exact area again, I was only three months when my father made me leave with him. Something happened to my mother and brothers one day, they didn’t come back, and my father must have known, because he was very upset. After quite some travel we came to Clouded Tears, one of the packs that was recently destroyed in the fire. My father left me there, with a cousin of mine, Laruku. He was alpha at the time, and apparently it was the pack my father was born into, my grandmother was alpha for a long time or something. The pack was more like a dumping ground for distant relatives I think. Cer paused for a breath and went on, her voice still even, calm. I wasn’t there long but I met another cousin, another drop off like myself, named Coli. Eventually we wandered off together, ran into her father who cared for us until I left on my own. After that I returned to Clouded Tears, but the fire came very shortly. Fleeing that is when I came upon Colibri, after talking it turns out that Coli was Colibri’s granddaughter. So we stuck together and here I am. Displaced for the last year or so, but hopefully that’s behind me now. It was only one year of wandering without a real home, surely Cer would have many more year ahead of her, she was so young, but it had been her whole life so far, and thus felt like forever. Cer smiled weakly at Slay, having laid out her whole life story was no big deal to her, but others always seemed to take more interest in it than her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread