Teach Me To Pray
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Hickey; 304 words

Why wouldn't she get a bird? That didn't make sense to her at all. "Everyone in my family has a bird. Amara's always get birds." To her that was just a natural fact of life. Birds for spirit guides simply just ran in the family. It was impossible to think that she would get anything else. Tradition just didn't dictate it and tradition was everything. There were customs and ceremonies to follow.

She nodded her head back in the way that she had come from. "To the south." She couldn't exactly say where it was precisely. At least not in words. She certainly knew it if she traveled to it but she couldn't verbally give out directions. "I'm sure. My aunt is small too." She honestly didn't even know that she was viewed as small. She had thought that she was average just like everyone else. She thought that she was normal for someone her age. "My name is Sakari Yakone Amara." She gave out her full name after the others had introduced themselves.

"We have medicine men, bone bearers, and priests." She wasn't exactly certain what a shaman was. "I am going to be an Ooka, a Great Priest, just like Edusti Tsugi." She even planned on going the Bone Bearer route. She had already attended two funerals in her time here. She wanted to repay Meda in that small way at least. "Everyone in the tribe gets a spirit guide after they are six months old. You leave the tribe and go out on your own. Something happens. Then you return with a spirit guide. You have to be away from home and all alone when it happens." Or that was the way it happened with everyone before. You had to be alone and open to receiving guidance for it to happen.

<style type="text/css">
.syl {width:350px; background-color:#D1D9DC; padding:5px; font-family:verdana; color:#646563; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; border-bottom:1px solid black; border-left:1px solid black; border-right:1px solid black;}
.syl b {color:#68461D; font-family:georgia;}
.syl p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
.sylooc {width:350px; background-color:#D1D9DC; border-top:1px solid black; border-left:1px solid black; border-right:1px solid black; padding:5px; font-family:verdana; color:#6F6F6F; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread