[M] Blessed are the hearts that can bend
[html]

Word Count → 3+

Even if he had sought to pull Ezekiel home for good, Gabriel knew is blood better than that. All of the Lykoi had wandered, unable to settle in one place for too long. It was perhaps thanks to his father that his own loyalty had run so deep. Perhaps too, thanks to his mother. Gabriel could not stand the idea of abandoning a home after all he had done for it. Scintilla had been enough; that war had cost him damn near everything, and darkened a once golden goat to the sable brown-black it now was.

But God had set him to burn, and Gabriel would never deny that Voice.

The apology she conjured puzzled him, drawing concern onto his scarred face. “Sorry?” He echoed, wondering why she would find herself at fault for such a thing. “You have nothing to be sorry about,” he went on, finally closing the distance between them to nudge her neck with his dark nose. It was a gestured that crossed a line between friends, but Gabriel had known her and he had touched her darker parts. Their intimacy was not something that he sought to ruin. “I’m sorry you were shouldered with this. And I’m also sorry, but I must be honest with you now,” he went on, lifting his head to look her in the eyes.

“I have children with another woman as well. They are mostly wolves, and I am unsure if she told her pack who their father is. The boys lived in Crimson Dreams when I last saw them; Oak, Alder, and Cypress. She wanted to keep them for herself, as is her right—and yours as well. Inferni cannot take your children, nor would I do such a thing. My daughter,” he paused, face darkening. “She did not take this news well. I would be wary of her if I were you.” Gabriel doubted Talitha would go against God, but she had proven her unpredictability to him before.

<style>
.mel-crosstxt-box {background-image:url(http://imgur.com/D0dTU.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:178px; height:237px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.mel-crosstxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.mel-crosstxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.mel-crosstxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.mel-crosstxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.mel-crosstxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread