A Life Once Lost ~ Joining
[html]

I, uh, am gonna put a Mature warning tag in your post... Still a small about of PP, not much.

"I can't explain it!" All at once, the Patriarch's single green eye flashed a near-orange, and at those words Jefferson thrust the ex-Praeas against the tree, pinning him between the rough bark and the heavily-breathing cyclops whose scarred fingers still held him dangerously close to his throat. "There is no fucking explanation," he hissed, the boy's excuses and cries barely registering in his ears. "There is no excuse!" the scarred man roared inches from Domonick's snout, his hot breaths like scalding flame against the ex-Praeas's pale visage.

The things he left behind were what made him happy? Was this the result of leaving Phoenix Valley behind not once, but twice? Jefferson said nothing, but still green burnt gold in his single eye; heavily he stepped back, bringing the fingers at Domonick's throat away from the tree — the Patriarch threw him from the tree to the ground in one heavy shove, one with such restrained power within it that it was unlikely Domonick would be able to keep his balance. Jefferson stood above him like a tower, a fortress, the scarred titan of Phoenix Valley; still his chest heaved bitter, hot breaths, and as he spoke once more his tone hastened into a caustic, acidic snarl.

"You thought running away would solve all your problems," he hissed, burning eye thinning. "You thought you were the only one with goddamn problems. You deserted your own fucking family, you selfish pig! You call this—" he threw his arm out at the knife, discarded in the grass yards away, "—making things right in yourself? Shedding your own fucking blood because you're too much a coward to ask for help?!"

Finally, his voice jumped from his throat, a sound like booming thunder to the sanctity of Phoenix Valley. "I have killed dozens, Domonick!" Jefferson roared, fangs not longer hidden from his lips, talons no longer hidden by his scars. All that could flare did so, the Valley guardian a sudden monstrosity, a sudden horror, the well-kept secret behind what kept the pack safe. "I am a murderer! I am a rapist and I run this fucking pack! Nothing — NOTHING! — you could say is beyond help, beyond me, beyond Phoenix Valley! If you knew you abandoned your happiness here, then why didn't you come the hell back?!"

His last words, like the final strike of lightning to cease the storm, brought tense silence to his scarred lips. That released, the cyclops visibly began to settle, the monster subsiding, the scarred guardian pulled back to prominence. The glow of his eye diminished, but before the gold vanished completely, he muttered one thing more. "No blood should ever be spilled without reason," said the titan. "Not even by yourself. To do so makes you nothing more than a fool."

<style>
.jeffers-birdsz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-birdsz p {padding:2px 14px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.jeffers-birdsz b {color:#4E5145; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-birdsz {background-color:#CDDCE0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... dtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EDF3F4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#788E94; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:16px; width:418px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 115px 0px; }
.jeffers-birdsz-border {width:420px; border:1px solid #383230; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread