Speech Question/Discussion
Kiri's explanation was fine and all I needed, thanks. I understood already why the dialects were different - my question was entirely about characters that could already speak low-speech no longer being allowed to actually put it as dialogue and about whether or not a prey animal could learn high speech. I already understood why there's different levels of speech and did not need that part explained. c:

With regard to playing a low-speech speaking character that is one of... lesser intelligence, I suppose, they could still communicate with those that could understand low-speech, but instead of...

The bunny looked to the wolf and said, "It's a marvelous day, isn't it?" Copper smiled at the bunny and nodded. "Yes, it is a lovely day!"

It would have to be something like...

The bunny watched the wolf and made bunny sounds trying to convey that he thought it was a nice day. Copper, in turn, nodded enthusiastically, as he knew ohw to speak low-speech and he returned the senitment.

Something akin to that? I'm more curious about how it affects low-speech speaking characters, and if it'd be plausible for a prey animal to learn basic high-speech words, like "Hello," or something.

Messages In This Thread