Healing Old Wounds
[html]

The moments passed seemed to be ages as he just stood there, his own fur in contact of the one that he had believed to be nothing but a tortured ghost of his past. He had wanted to make some kind of physical contact with the wolf since some time, mostly to make sure this was real. But now he found himself relieved of the burden he had being carrying for some days, and the peace of his mind and soul finally decided to awaken from its anger induced dream.

He took the opportunity to take in his father’s scent, old and earthy as he remembered so fondly. “I missed you father. I am sorry for being such a fool…and coward.” And yes he had been a coward as he had been running from the confrontation in fear of what the older wolf would reveal, fear for seeing the true consequences of his actions instead of forgetting about them as he had done for so much time.

Falgar really hated it when he laid the burden of worry into someone else’s shoulders; he simply found it unnecessary to do it. Yet he had just done it by the mentioning of his injury, the only thing the limb had done was bringing pain and worry. “Oh don’t worry. I broke it when saving a friend from under a fallen tree. It’s healing nicely” still he wouldn’t reveal that it was supposed to be bound up in something to help it heal correctly, but he did everything possible to avoid having it covered as it only made the injury more noticeable.

When he deemed it enough time he went back to his original place, this time his sight focused completely on the fellow green eyes, no longer seeing the monster he had seen time ago at the pack borders but instead the last thing he had left of his family and in no way he would let go again.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread