Everything's Strange
[html]

Skye accepted the coywolf male's embrace, hugging him and crying softly into his shoulder. She didn't know why she felt this way, but she did know that she felt lost - alone - confused. Most of all, she felt scared; terrified. She was afraid for her pups and she was afraid for her pack. Although she didn't tell anyone, she cared for her pups and her pack almost equally; her pups were hers and would always be hers, but her pack was the thing that led her to believe in the life she lived now, and she would do anything for them. She had to protect her pack from harm, and she couldn't do that while she was sobbing into Bangle's shoulder.

So when he suggested that they go inside and away from prying eyes, she silently nodded. She gently pulled away from her lover's grip and headed for the door, entering and closing it behind the two. She didn't look at the coywolf - most days she was cool and calm, most days she always had a sharp tongue and a ready mind, joking and happy. But now, she was losing it. It was like she was slowly going insane, and she couldn't face her mate for the shame of it. She couldn't stand it.

"It's the nightmares," she said quietly, barely audible. "They find me everywhere. Shaw's son...what happened to him...happening to our own pups, and I can't prevent it...having to choose between my children and the pack...and then the nightmares..." She shook her head, still not meeting Bangle's eyes. She was torn - should she continue to work herself to exhaustion, and potentially harm her children? But she couldn't waste time doing nothing. And if she rested, the nightmares came...

<style>
.snailskye p {padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.snailskye b {color:#7C5438;;}
.snailskye-linez {width:362px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; font-family: verdana; font-size:12px;}
.snailskye-ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
.snailskye {background-color:#000000; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia; font-size:11px; color:#B7A8A0; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:360px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/dooysj.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 160px 0px; }</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread