c'est la vie
[html]

OOC: Bah, short post is short.

He had succeeded on turning the topic away from the matter of houses and homes and so forth, and also managed to find a fellow storyteller. Slade's eyes widened when he heard that Krystalle was also a writer of the pack; the only other writer he had ever met was Adonia, and she lived in another pack. Krystalle was local. A smile spread across his face and his tail started to wag as she kept talking. She was completely right about the last part, but at this point it didn't bother him at all.

"I'm also a writer! Well... somewhat. You're right, I don't have fingers so that would make writing impossible, but I'm a storyteller; that's enough for me." It had been enough for Shawchert as well; Slade had managed to be accepted into the pack as a writer despite his lack of thumbs. At this rate he was going to be an Incidente di Parola for life, but it didn't bother him for the most part.

Slade paused for a moment, squinting briefly at Krystalle's book, and he remembered something that really did bother him: he didn't know how to read. Some writer he was. He was definitely going to be an Incidente di Parola for eternity, but he at least wanted to be able to read. Maybe he could figure out how to use a pen with his mouth; once he mastered reading he would try anything to write. He looked back up at Krystalle and an idea occurred to him. "I don't know how to read, but I've been wanting to learn. Do you think that you could teach me?"

<style type="text/css">
.sladefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bacdd6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000f3d; }
.sladefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000f3d; text-align:center;}
.sladefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sladefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#527d96; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... slade1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bacdd6; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000f3d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.sladefreebe01-border1 {width:462px; border:2px solid #527d96; margin:0 auto;}
.sladefreebe01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #527d96; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread