The past that's in between us
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

Lubomir shrank back in fear. He'd never seen this sort of anger before, not even when the thrill of the hunt made One-Eye rush ahead, forcing everyone else to follow. He'd seen Frigg angry, but she became distant, aloof, much like her brother. She could shout, yes, and Lubomir had heard her turn away her own children, but she never struck anyone. One-Eye did, yes, but only in a challenge and only in a fight. This... what he was seeing was nothing more than senseless brutal anger. When Connor turned to face him, Lubomir nearly ran the other way. He was nothing if not scared right now, especially as he could be the next target. But he decided to face this demon down and reach some sort of agreement. 'Perhaps I am not you, Connor, but you are not I. I wasn't there, I don't know what happened, but I know what I saw: mindless torture. That puppy... Connor, I seek to reason with you, but you are about as reasonable as that tree you just hit.' His voice was stronger now, more confident, trying to hide the fear of being hurt, dragged away and killed, his body left to rot on the edge of the packlands, a silent witness to the monster lurking within Shadowed Sun.

He edged closer now, sitting down in front of Connor. Lubomir made no further move, slightly scared that he would be hit himself. He wasn't sure that Connor wouldn't try to kill him. But when he mentioned the fate of the puppy, the 'what if's, and the fact that perhaps indirectly Lubomir was to blame for... no. This was a lie, a scam, an atrocious idea Connor had come up with to further unhinge Lubomir. 'You lie.' His voice was soft, but filled with disgust. 'That puppy would have died, with or without me. You and your brother were monsters. At least he died knowing someone would look after him.' Lubomir had buried the small corpse under the ice and snow, his claws red and raw by the end of it. 'I hope your body rots, Connor. What would you have me do, forgive you for it?' But his voice wasn't as strong. Now, the doubt, the fear that he had somehow caused the death of that puppy had infiltrated his very core. And his voice was cracking.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread