I don't need no arms around me
[html]
wordcount :: 3+

He bore a dark expression which warned her of a darker mood. But Alaine had never been a coward, and she was not frightened of Gabriel - He had saved her too many times to allow for that. The sounds of heavy hoof-falls alerted the colliewoman to Ezekiel's departure; She knew he would be loath to face his father's anger, and did not blame him for leaving. Thankfully, her Nana would be in good hands.

No further words were spoken until the Shadow-King voiced his own retaliation, a flat denial of her purpose in being here. But it fell on deaf ears - She was not the lead Apothecary of Cour des Miracles for nothing. Skilled eyes took in every movement, every single movement, and saw the injury that could not otherwise be seen. Anger welled up within her breast; Fight fire with fire. "It is a little late to take me for an idiot, Gabriel," Her tone was cold, but emerald eyes were portals to all the worry she had suffered since learning the news from his son. A deep surge of relief served to blanket some of that - He was clearly alive, and planning to stay so. But the woman was not so easily swayed.

She picked up the pouches she had pulled from Nana's saddle and hefted them over one shoulder, settling the strap for her satchel more comfortably between her breasts before meeting Gabriel's hard gaze again. "I assume you have a place for me to stay. I should like to speak with your healer, also - But that can wait until after I have examined you." She spoke in a breezy, brisk tone, risking his further fury by being so wily and bending his own rules. Emerald eyes did not avoid contact with burning amber, but held, daring him to refuse her.

<style>
.al-txtsun-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:190px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.al-txtsun {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.al-txtsun .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.al-txtsun .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.al-txtsun p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.al-txtsun b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread