bring me peace
[html]
Frozen with indecision, the sinewy mutt startled violently as a Luperci of some kind sat up beside the horse, and she realised she was mistaken. It was not Caspa's way to grovel for forgiveness so she remained silent as the dog - wolf? - scrambled to her feet, arms crossing over a pregnant stomach as she gave Caspa a rebuke she pretty much deserved for crashing in so rudely. Horses were popular round here, she noted. One eye was kept on the beast at all times, to make sure it wasn't about to start running or kicking or anything dangerous that she would have no idea how to deal with.

"They probably have got names I guess," she answered the possibly rhetorical question, thinking of those glossy animals in the expansive Cour des Miracles stables that she'd found the other day. "How was I to know this one's, though?" Now she might be coming off as rude again. She'd always been told to watch her mouth, and she'd watched it for so long that she'd never got any practice at speaking nicely. Caspa chewed on her lip, wanting to make amends and stop being so uncivil. Getting on the bad side of the pregnant luperci with the tall ruff of hair on her head and fierce collar around her neck seemed like a bad idea. She was here to make friends, somehow or other, and so she tried her awkward best to make amends. "I thought it had run away from home, they - we - seem to... we seem to have a lot of horses..." Now she was betraying her newcomer status to the pack, she obviously hadn't totally adjusted to life in her new surroundings quite yet. Oh, well. "I'm very sorry to disturb your... lying in the mud," she finished, wondering what on earth all that had been about.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread