Putting the past behind me...
[html]
Dahlia needs a drunk ^^ wc 352

Silence filled the space between them for some time and Nayru stood patiently, ever the saintly stoic and waited until the reply finally came. All the while she continued to drink him in, every tiny movement. The tight lips, the nervous touch to the flask at his side. For a moment she thought of Naniko and her gris-gris, how the magic amulets worked to reassure those who believed in them. Did he believe in whatever filled that flask? Yet she said nothing until his reply came, and his words surprised her. She had not been expecting him to ask for acceptance into Dahlia de Mai, not when his coat smelled so heavily of their neighbor. Yet the surprise did not show on her face, as her neutral expression broke into a shy, half smile at the steady and purposeful words.

“Pleasure to meet you Alexander Collins.” She dipped her two toned head low, as if he and not her was the one holding all the authority just then. It was her custom, had always been since childhood, and it was a hard habit to break. The Dahlians were use to their tiny, silent leader sweeping low in reverence to them, but she knew that it was not the expected behavior of an alpha. Conor had never acted so to strangers on the border, but she wasn't Conor and never would be. “You may speak to me about joining Dahlia de Mai. I am this pack's alpha.” It felt strange to say this, but it was becoming easier. Becoming just another formal custom.

Never had she questioned anyone about joining Dahlia de Mai before, she had never had to. Saul always took in the wanders first, and before that Conor. Yet she knew the role she was suppose to play just then, and she did it well, as if it had always been second nature to her. Her words were easy, kind, unimposing, but the question was heavy. “Do you not call Cercatori d'Arte home?" Her head titled, ever so slightly at the blue eyed man, ears perked in anticipation and genuine curiosity.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread